Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pro Wrestlin' Countdown: Tuesday

Today let's talk about Heels, bad guy wrestlers.

To me, the Heel is one of the most important things in pro wrestling. He's the guy you want to see get the crap kicked out of. He's the one who riles up the fans. He's the one who makes the Babyface (good guy) look tough, fair, moral, etc.

So lets look at some good examples of being a Heel.



Here we see Andy Kaufman, famous comedian, cutting a promo on the south. At the time, Kaufman was in a feud with one Jerry "The King" Lawler and many of the fans down there thought he was the real deal. They wanted to see him dead. This is why they cheered like bloodthirsty maniacs with Lawler drove his head into the canvas.

To continue, here's a cool Rowdy Roddy Piper story from an interveiw he gave:

Wrestling Digest: You've led as interesting a life as one can have. What
would you say is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?

Roddy Piper: There's stupid and there's crazy, and I have lots of both. I was in a lot of riots. I did this thing once where I was to play the Mexican National Anthem on my bagpipes. For three weeks I told people I had been practicing, and I get to
the ring and I played "La Cucaracha," and the night never even got started
because they rioted.



Roddy Piper is a crazy dude.

Finally, a quick story video combo of one of my favorite heel moments in recent history. So CM Punk (bad guy) and Jeff Hardy (good guy) had been feuding for a couple of months about the title belt, and also they hated eachother. So Punk challenges Hardy to a "Loser Leaves WWE" match and wins it. Hardy's gone, the fans go crazy, they hate CM Punk.

Cut to a week later. The show comes on and all of a sudden- WHaaaaaT? That's Jeff Hardy's music! The fans are like "It's Jeff! We like him! That music means Jeff is here!" Or is he...?



Gotta love that kid with the hair!

No comments: