Monday, September 7, 2009

UPDATE! No one gives a shit!

Did you catch the reference in the title? I know I did!

The costume is coming along, not counting the proton pack and trap I'm about 75% done. I just need to pick up and make a couple more things. I'm very excited to get to scratch that off the list. I'm not very excited to deal with making the proton pack....but I know once I get started it'll be a project of love rather than labor. The labor will come in when I start making three to four more of the damn things for our project. A quick update on our fan project, we've shifted from a movie to a webseries. As I'm sure I've mentioned or probably didn't, we hate fan films. Most if not everyone involved in the project has a great disdain for fan films, while many we've watched have started off strong and are quiet enjoyable by the second half they tend to lose that steam. A lot of this has to do with pacing, it begins to wind down and become nothing but a withered fart. Which isn't a good thing for a thirty minute project, if you can't keep your audience involved for more than eight minutes you've probably fucked up. So we're shifting to a five to eight minute format. Which is great for pacing and we can revolve around one or two good jokes. I went and visited Shane this last week. Aside from wasting most of our time playing Talisman (which we have decided to do a article about) we buckled down and did a character write up and have ideas for the "pilot" and first couple of episodes. But too much Talisman prevented us from actually writing a script for those. Luckily I still have two weeks off of work, that's half of my break left! I'm heading back down to be in our friend Craig's (from Witty's Ramblings) movie. That will give us more time to get the first couple of scripts hammered out...after a couple of games of Talisman. So with everything begin to piece together...kind of, we might see a spring to late spring "pilot" rather than early summer. Here's hoping Talisman doesn't fuck that up...but it proably will since I have an expansion in the mail on it's way to me, another to buy and another coming out...I'm sure they'll take up more time than before.

Wish me luck on my costume, whooping Shane's ass at Talisman, finding wave 2 of the Ghostbusters minimates and on my new diet!

No comments: