Thursday, October 29, 2009

Charlie Brown is a asshole!


Woowee, it's been a long time since a good original Halloween themed movie came out. My girlfriend and I wanted to see this one out of curiosity based souly on a commercial. We hadn't heard anything about it or seen anything else. After watching it I did some research. It was released this year but filmed and was originally supposed to be released in 2007. WB for a reason that has not been explained pulled the movie from a theatrical release and released it to DVD this year. Rumor has it they didn't want it compete with SAW IV. Trick r' Treat is one of the most fresh Halloween movies I've seen in a long time. I loved it, it has everything a good Halloween movie should, zombies, werewolves, vampires, Halloween demons, and a murderer.

It takes much insperation from the old horror magazines/comis like Creepy or Tales from the crypt. It's a series of small stories that take place on Halloween. But what's neat is that they're all linked in some way, some small as seeing the characters from one story in the background to characters being in several stories. It also doesn't follow a set time line and jumps around a little but it doesn't take away from the film. Also there's no straight CG, the movie is like a classic horror movie with make up and animitronics. There is a little bit of CG, but it's used tastfully and doesn't ruin the movie.
I don't have any scenes I can show, I also wouldn't want to post much of the movie because I wouldn't want to ruin it! I cannot stress how much I love this movie. I watched it twice in a week, once with Sara and again for our horror movie marathon. If you can go out and rent/buy a copy and watch it Friday night or even on Halloween night and you wont be disappointed. There is a small list of movies I watch every year around Halloween and this one has been added to it, damn near the top too. WB really fucked up not releasing this one in theaters. But that's ok they already announced a second one! So hopefully that one will have a theatrical release.

2 comments:

Witty Banter said...

it's funny, I rented this movia via netflix, I've had it for about 4 weeks now and I STILL haven't gotten around to watching it.

Spookyboots said...

You should watch it as soon as you can!! Haha, I am seriously in love with it. I hope it doesn't let you down though, then I'll be sad and look like a dummy, haha.