Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So this one wasn't on the Halloween list but I just had to say something about it.


I just got done watching a Japanese film about being bullied, family and how they grow closer through crisis. While it's not traditionally a Halloween movie I think it's a good one to view to bring the family closer as the holiday season approaches. A high school girl and her brother struggle after their parents are suspected of murder and commit suicide. They're ostracized and outcasts because of their parents.

It's as over the top, absurd and gory as the trailer makes it out to be. I loved every minute of it. It was like a old grind house movie mixed with anime, the good kind like Ninja Scroll and Fist of the North Star. Lots of cartoony disembowelment, decapitations, removal or limbs and torture. It's more graphic than anything I've seen for awhile and I know this would be a turn off for most but it's much much less realistic than the Saw movies that are ever so popular. In those you never see anyones head get skinned by a machine gun and continue to scream and move around!

While I rarely watch movies dubbed I could only get my hands on a dubbed version of this movie. While it usually detracts from the movie I think it fit really well for this one since it was so goofy. Like I said this isn't a horror or "Halloween" movie per say but gore movies tend to show up around Halloween too. So if you want to have a couple laughs, maybe get grossed out and be entertained you should try and find a copy of this somewhere.

1 comment:

Heart Burn said...

We need to start using the "Get drunk while watching this" tag more often.