Sunday, October 18, 2009

I HATE a guy with a car and no sense of humor.

Here's a good one, a classic. For as long as I remember the theme song of this movie has haunted the rooms of my house every October. It's always been one of my dad's favorite movies. Sadly none of it's sequels have been able to capture the essence of the original, though the remake a couple of years ago was alright. It's not Halloween until you've watched Halloween.

Every October I have to watch this and two other movies for it to really feel like Halloween. Mike Myers is such a creepy slasher villain and for such a small budgeted film it's amazing work. It's better than most horror movies in the last couple of decades. John Carpenter really hit the ball out of the park with this one.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find good scenes of the original on youtube. But I have good news, AMC is showing Halloween on the 26th and 27th, 10pm and 6pm respectively. I'm not sure if that's Pacific or Eastern or what. If you haven't watched it this year mark your calender, Halloween is just around the corner.

No comments: