Thursday, March 26, 2009

Improve your skills, son, harden your body, become a NUMBER ONE MAN!

I'm mad at myself for not watching this movie sooner. I'm a big fan of the star actor of the movie and I own two copies of this movie but I just watched it. I got this movie on a five dvd set and then I forgot I had it in that set and then bought it at the dollar store. I also bought a three movie collect with all of the movies staring this lead actor. Sonny Chiba is one of my favorite action stars, I've seen him as a ninja, Duke Togo a anime/manga character, the leader of a Arctic expedition team, the famous Jubei Yagyu, the equally famous Hattori Hanzo and now a street fighter. The Street Fighter, a cult classic, was also the first movie to be rated X for violence. While tame compared to today's standards, for the time it's rather violent. This movie is obviously easily found and is usually cheaper than actually renting it, I would suggest anyone that's a fan of brutal martial arts movies to just purchase a cheap copy as they are the X rated version. I present six foot six of half breed fury, THE STREET FIGHTER.

This was the scene that made sure I sat down and watched this movie. I'm also getting ready to watch the return of the street fighter with Heart Burn.

No comments: