Thursday, March 19, 2009

There's no love in your violence.

This movie opened up a whole new world for me. I was introduced to visual insanity and wanted more. It's not a movie for everyone, especially people with weak stomachs are boast high morals. It's twisted, sick, violent and very funny. Before this movie I had only ever heard the term Yakuza a couple times before, now it's common place in my movie vocabulary. The man who directed this movie is now one of my favorite directors, here in the states he's marketed as the American Quentin Tarantino, when in reality Mr. Tarantino has claimed the man behind this movie as an inspiration and this movie as the inspiration behind the crazy 88;s scene in Kill Bill. I present to you Koroshiya 1 or Ichi the killer.

The problem with this movie is that everyone tries to make the trailers so damn serious and "edgy" Truthfully I have no idea how I would edit a trailer for the movie, but I think including some of the more comedic dialogue would be a good idea. The trailer I posted for the two disk set is pretty decent though and obviously if you watched it you got an idea of some of the gore. It's very comic book in it's visual style, which is the kind of violence I love. If you're not in to that much violence but want to check it out cut versions of the movie exsist, Blockbuster usually carries the cut version. But really, I can't express the need to watch the movie uncut, cut kills (no pun intended) a lot of the power of the images. Miike, the director, loves to play tricks on you. He'll show you some rather dark humored violence, not pull any punches, but when he shows the real down and gritty violence, most of the scene that are cut, he usually pulls away before you actual see it, making your mind image scenes of horror you never thought you could imagine. Seriously this movie is one of my favorites and anyone that's adventorous should check it out.
There's really no way to post a scene to this movie and have it make sense without seeing it. So i'm posting a scene where Ichi kills a large number of Yakuza. This scene is some what tame because the gore is CG.

If you want a real mind fuck, read the manga in one night, Shane and I did, what a fucking roller coaster.

No comments: