Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm tougher than you think! The warden of any prison has to be the very best in kung fu.

Let's go again, I was going to wait until next week for this one to continue my ultra violent trend. But I found out that this movie was the first movie in China to be rated a Category III for violence, the government given rating that legally prevents children under 18 to enter or rent a movie. So I had to include it with the Street Fighter. They also both use the X-ray punch/death though The Street Fighter started that trend. This movie is a Chinese made movie based on a Japanese manga and anime, which is pretty common in China. I had heard several time from friends about scenes of this movie but no one I knew had watched in its entirety. One night while kicking around Youtube I watched a couple of scenes and decided I had to watch it. I found a dubbed version, really half the charm of this movie, and proceeded to watch it through. It is one of the funniest and goriest b movies I have ever viewed. People get punched through, their eyes slapped out of their heads, some guy uses his intestine to try and choke out the hero, the lower skin of a dude's face gets cut off in one slice and a man gets his head clapped in to gore. It's a fucking amazing and terrible movie and I love it. I've included two trailers because one is kind of neat, it shows the manga comparisons to the actors and the other makes it look super serious. I present Riki/y-oh aka the legend of riki/y aka the story of riki/y aka King of Strength aka Lik Wong.


Seriously don't be fooled by the second trailer, the movie not that serious, it's pretty much up it's own ass and trying to get people more interested. But what should get you interested is the B-grade, dead alive esque gore.
Spoiler Alert!: Contains gore

You can find this movie pretty easily on youtube.

No comments: